Job descriptionMy client is a very well established Global company that has been trading successfully for well over 100 years and employs over 1,600 people across 11 countries..and is still growing!
Due to further expansion they are currently seeking a Assembly Operative to work in their manufacturing department.
You would be working in a fast-paced, high volume role and would be part of a production line so need to keep up with everyone else. You would be working on a segment, however there would be rotation with others along the line to ensure variety. The role is repetitive but not difficult. Hours are 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday but there is plenty of overtime available to earn extra either early morning, after the shift ends or sometimes at weekends should you wish to do so.
The main responsibilities and tasks would include:
• Mechanical build and Inspection of Carbon Fibre Tripod
• Carry out in-process testing and suggest improvements (during manufacture)
Knowledge and Skills required to include:
• Flexible attitude to helping in all areas when required
• Able to read drawings (Training can be provided)
• Good understanding of assembly environment
• Willing to do additional hours
• Must be well organised with documentation and reporting if required
• Trouble shooting skills
• Someone who is adaptable and quick to learn new processes
• Background in working with mechanical devices would be advantageous
• Quality focused
• Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm to get things done
• Formal training in mechanical products
Education and Qualifications:
• GCSE English and Maths - Grade C or above.
This position is on an initial fixed term contract basis for 6 months, after which it will be reviewed dependant on the requirements of the business. You would need to have your own transport or live in Bury St Edmunds.
if this sounds of interest then please submit your CV or call Gerry to discuss further.