Job descriptionMy client is a very well established and Global company that has been trading successfully for well over 100 years and employs over 1,600 people across 11 countries..and is still growing!
Due to further expansion they are currently seeking a Paint Shop Operative to work in their manufacturing department.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Paint Shop team Leader to achieve the daily / weekly goals within the Paint Shop, ensuring processed parts meet engineering and quality standards.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Carry out all tasks required within the Paint shop area (Powder Coat Prep & Spray, Masking, Anodising, Chromate, Rumbling, Pad Printing, Laser Engraving and Wet Spraying).
• Assist in maintaining and adhere to specific H&S standards and requirements.
• Flexibility to help ensure focus on weekly build requirements are achieved.
• Identify Scrap/return to supplier to Team Leader prior to processing.
• Ensure Quality standards meet current company objectives.
• Help achieve 5S in Paint Shop area.
• Help Identify solutions to problems and opportunities for improvement.
• Work with the other team members to create a cross functional and productive team.
• Help ensure that the correct processes/procedures for the area are followed.
• Strive to help Team hit area's goals and targets.
• Help to correct documentation to enable work in area to be done to a consistent standard.
• Good computer knowledge
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to use own initiative to address problems and present solutions.
• Professional approach.
• Team skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic understanding Microsoft Word/Excel & Outlook.
• Previous paint shop experience (carrying out processes such as powder coat prep & spray, masking, anodising and pad printing).
Education and Qualifications:
• GCSE English and Maths - Grade C or above.
This is a full time position working a day shift and is a fixed term 4 month contract with an immediate start. My client is very busy and showing no signs of slowing down so there is a strong chance that this could become a permanent position for the right candidate moving forward. Due to the location it is a requirement for any applicants to have a full UK driving licence and own transport.
If this position sounds of interest then please apply by submitting your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.