Job descriptionMy client is a very well-established manufacturer who has an exciting new opportunity to join their organisation as a Design Engineer covering bespoke projects / products within their organisation.
Reporting into the Bespoke Design Manager, you will be responsible for delivering designs on time, to budget and to required specification. Taking ownership of designs throughout lifecycle from concept to completion. Producing general arrangement drawings, manufacturing drawings, build/lift plans and BoM's. Developing the team in engineering skills and methods. Checking and sign off for others. Providing support for calculations and design development.
Other requirements of this role will include...
• To use existing components/designs where possible to improve project overheads
• Positively contribute to the process of continuous improvement and value engineering of standard components for bespoke design
• Develop parametric models for some of the most common bespoke designs to offer semi-standard solutions and reduce design lead times
• To assist in all areas of production to solve any queries/issues raised
• With the use of Autodesk Inventor produce full 3D models of the product solution
• To produce sets of general arrangement drawings to be sent for customer approval
• Ensure that designs are suitable by calculating structural requirements of frame and glass
• To prepare product for manufacture by producing full sets of drawings and bill of materials
• Attend site installations/surveys where necessary
• Assist other departments with any technical queries (provide product support and technical advice service on bespoke designs to the sales, project management and estimating departments)
• To work closely with the Lead Design Engineer and Bespoke Design Manager to ensure innovative and successful project solutions
• To assist with calculations, material and component selection for other members of the team
• To check and sign off the work of other members of the team
• To assist with developing the team in broader engineering skills and methods and with raising drawing and documentation standards
• Occasionally, to assist the New Product Development team with engineering and design input
• Liaise with clients where necessary to discuss design/technical queries
• Other tasks as reasonably required
The required candidate will have the following skills and experience...
- Degree qualified
- Able to work to time constraints for design GA's and workshop drawings
- Experienced in using Autodesk Inventor and Vault
- Knowledgeable of basic motor, drives, and preferably sealing methods
- Understanding of basic manufacturing processes and techniques
- Natural DFMA skills
- Confident in client and shopfloor discussions
- Able to make occasional site visits to resolve issues
- Good drawing standards
- An eye for detail
- Experienced in using FEA, especially Autodesk Nastran is advantageous
- A positive contributor to a busy small team
- A desire to improve yourself, designs and methods
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working a 37.5 hour Monday to Friday week, 08:30am-17:00pm. This position comes with a number of benefits including free parking. You would require your own transport due to the remote location.
If this position is of interest then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.