Job descriptionMy client is a Suffolk-based Manufacturer of automated assembly machinery. Due to expansion they have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter / Technician to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all hands-on work required to build, test & service their existing range of machinery, support the design team in the development of new products and construct bespoke one-off machinery and fixtures. You will collaborate with the in-house machine shop, design engineers and external suppliers.
You would be working in a friendly work environment with a team that is passionate about quality and innovation.
Other responsibilities will include;
- All aspects of manufacture and assembly of special purpose machinery
- Supporting research and development through prototype build, test and evaluation
- Occasional customer site installations and service work
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills;
- Engineering qualification - HNC Minimum
- Be a qualified or time-served Mechanical Fitter
- Have the ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Experience of manual CNC and CNC Milling & Turning would also be advantageous
This is a full time position working Monday to Friday on a regular day shift, however some flexibility will be required on occasion. This is to start ASAP and is paying a competitive salary in the current marketplace. The position also comes with the usual benefits.
If this position is of interest and you have the skills & knowledge to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role then please apply with your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.