Job descriptionMy client is a leading Global manufacturer of integrated packaging automation systems with thousands of machines in service and a geographic reach to over 60 countries. They have experienced continued growth throughout and pride themselves on a low turnover of staff.
Due to a retirement in their team, they now have a very exciting opportunity for a Stores Person to join their team and become a valued member of the organisation. You'll play a key role within the business, supporting their friendly and close-knit team by ensuring the stockroom is run efficiently. You will be a bright, enthusiastic, reliable and positive individual and, whilst previous experience within a manufacturing environment would definitely be advantageous, having the right attitude and a strong work ethic are essential qualities.
Some of the responsibilities of this role will include;
- Storing and allocating of components required for the manufacturing of various packaging machinery.
- Helping the purchasing department manage the stock levels and day to day records of the components on site
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork
- Reporting damaged or missing goods
- Updating stock locations on management system
- Packing items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork, ensuring conformance to the customers requirements
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess the following skills and experience;
- Previous Goods in experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience of Goods out / dispatch
- Forklift License (Desirable)
- Computer literate and able to maintain the stock control sheets (experience with MS Office / Excel / Sage advantageous)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident with the ability to liaise with customers
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working a 39 hour working week, the hours being Monday to Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-3:30pm. This position is paying a competitive salary or approximately £11ph and comes with additional benefits. Due to the remote location it is essential that you have your own transport. Free parking is provided.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships