Job descriptionEngineering Team Leader
Bury St Edmunds
Shift Pattern (days & nights)
My client is a prominent manufacturer across East Anglia that has been established for over 100 years and has experienced year on year growth throughout its history. They are now looking for an experienced Engineering Team Leader to join their team!
To manage and supervise the team of Engineering Technicians on shift (milling and packaging). You will be responsible for maintaining safety, quality and technical standards, maximising team efficiency and prioritising work to eliminate delays.
• Coaching and developing the Engineering Technicians.
• To be acting technical authority on shift.
• Liaise with Senior Management to prioritise work and coordinate engineering resources.
• Identify potential problems in relation to engineering activities and find solutions or alternatives in a timely manner.
• Ensure work is delivered in compliance with any statutory / mandatory requirements.
• Review team performance metrics and make recommendations for improvement and optimisation.
• Lead by example by role-modelling the British Sugar Values and behaviours.
• Successful delivery of planned work and QESH requirements with regard to engineering activities.
• Promoting a can do' attitude to work and problem solving.
• Supporting the Operations Teams to deliver production plans and delivering maintenance activities safely, on time, to plan and to budget without compromising product quality.
• Team performance contributes positively to site targets for reliability, safety and quality (target zero LTI's).
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS (not an exhaustive list)
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Working knowledge of the British Standards for Engineering Plant, Equipment and Practices.
• A detailed understanding of industrial and packaging plant engineering.
• Competent IT user - Microsoft Office, and knowledge and experience in using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• Significant practical experience in a relevant engineering trade.
• Experience of working in a complex, food manufacturing environment.
• Proven experience of coordinating proactive maintenance work processes.
• Experience of monitoring and reporting performance against KPI's.
• A proven ability to manage complex and conflicting requirements in an industrial environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues.
• Understanding of budget management.
• Focus on continuous improvement.
• NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please click apply.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships