Job descriptionMechanical Engineer
Week 1 (06:00 18:00 - Sat, Wed Thu)
Week 2 (06:00 18:00 Mon, Tue, Fri)
My client has been in business for over 200 years and has established itself as the UK's market-leading book production specialist and the main supplier to many of the leading publishing houses. With a combination of both traditional and modern-day production techniques, they have invested heavily to ensure they remain at the top of their game. Due to continued expansion within the business, they are now seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an ASAP start. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, your role would be to guarantee the smoothing running of the printing machines across the factory, ensuring my client can meet the operational needs of the business.
This would include:
• Maintain and repair all workshop factory machinery as required or as directed by your team leader or supervisor.
• Complete both reactive and preventative maintenance on a wide range of printing / print finishing equipment.
• Ensure minimal downtime is experienced due to machine breakdowns.
• Work with the engineering team, under the team leader or supervisor as required.
• Suggest improvements to working practices to team leader or supervisor.
• Order and follow up on machine parts.
• Keep the electronic logbook of work up to date on a regular basis.
• Assess faulty machinery and diagnose the fault in a timely manner.
• Liaise with external contractors as necessary.
• Handover workload and updates on work activity for your shift to the next shift.
If you're a mechanical engineer looking for that perfect work life balance, this role offers a 3-day working week, alongside a host of other benefits including 26 days holiday + bank holidays, Company sick pay scheme, life assurance and much more. If you're looking for a role that can provide great working hour alongside a strong benefits package and the security of a long running business then don't hesitate t click the APPLY button below
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships