Job descriptionWindows System Administrator
We are working with a fantastic client in the education sector that are looking for a Windows System Administrator that will have primary responsibility for the MS Windows estate, supporting the adoption and implementation of good practice industry standards within the IT Department. The successful candidate will be asked to contribute to other technical areas in the department, including networking and user support.
The post holder will work closely with the IT Operations Manager supporting strategic projects as well as the day to day work of the department. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a proven track record of success.
You will be expected to lead activities in the following technical areas and make a hands-on contribution to them:
• Microsoft Enterprise technologies including:
• AD, Exchange, SQL, Azure, O365, SharePoint, etc.
• Virtualisation: VMware, Veeam
• Storage: Physical and software defined
Interpersonal and Communication skills:
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-specialists
• Ability to manage competing priorities and manage user expectations
• Ability to cope with unexpected crises and communicate progress
• Ability to quickly absorb new technical skills as required
• Networking: wired and wireless
• Server and desktop hardware
• Mac OSX
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the lifecycle of windows services and servers.
• Implement, maintain and administer Microsoft enterprise technologies such as AD, Exchange, Azure, O365, SharePoint, SQL, etc.).
• Managing the development and imaging of desktop images.
• Implement and champion best practice cyber security principles.
• Monitor and manage backups using industry standard tools.
• Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting system and server errors.
• Suggesting new server technologies (i.e. cloud migration) and recommend industry good practices.
• Provide training, assistance, and guidance to colleagues within the department and other college members when required.
• Ensure the maintenance and development of documentation related to IT activities as delegated.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships