Job descriptionCooper Lomaz are delighted to be working with this established SME based in Huntingdon but with operations in Europe, USA & China
The role of the Accounts Assistant works to ensure that the account records within the business are processed with accuracy in a timely manner, as well as take ownership and maintain accurate bank records and ensure that account issues are resolved to minimise impact.
• Input multi-currency bank transactions accurately on the system daily.
• Perform bank reconciliations daily across all accounts.
• Process intercompany transactions and inter-currency transactions.
• Assisting with the month end processes.
• Assisting with the reconciliation of the sales ledger and intercompany transactions on a daily basis.
• Assisting in the processing of purchase ledger invoices, ensuring 3-way matching of purchase orders, goods receipt notes and purchase invoice.
• Pro-actively resolving invoice variances with suppliers and operations.
• Manually coding invoices and ensuring all invoices are duly authorised.
• Perform regular housekeeping checks and ensure ledgers are tidy.
• Process the commission invoices on a quarterly basis.
• Dealing with and resolving site queries and requests.
• Dealing with auditor requests.
• Processing of employee expenses.
• Prepare payment runs for employee expenses, backup for weekly payment runs.
• Process company credit cards on a regular basis.
• Take responsibility for the contracts database.
• Working to meet deadlines in accordance with month-end closedown timetable.
• Raising ad hoc individual payment requests when necessary.
• Ad hoc administrative support and cover for other colleagues.
• Control contract files in relation to services provided to the business.
• Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Department by assisting the Finance Manager in identifying and implementing improved processes and procedures.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an accounts assistant or similar role.
• Experience of reconciliations.
• Understanding of basic accounting processes.
• Ready and able to exercise initiative.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Numerical and problem-solving skills.
• IT skills Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
This is a Hybrid role with a 50/50 mix of office & home working - if this interests you please get in touch
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships