Job descriptionCooper Lomaz are excited to recruit for a well-established client based in Norwich seeking for a Compliance Technologist.
Monday to Friday 0900 - 1700
You will be responsible for maintaining due diligence within the Technical function including: updating and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS), writing and keeping up to date, accurate specifications (for finished products including customer specific formats, ingredients, packaging and cleaning chemicals). Managing supplier due diligence (with some supplier audits), managing the internal audit programme and conducting internal audits, managing the testing programmes, HACCP validation and providing, and checking, legal information for printed packaging.
Key Responsibility Areas are:
Quality Management System
- Timely update of the QMS to ensure policies, procedures and work instructions are accurate and can be useful training documents. These should meet the content and document control requirements of the current BRC standard.
- Creating new procedures, work instructions and QAS where gaps are identified. Working with the factory team to achieve accurate, simple and effective documents.
- Working with our chemical supplier to ensure cleaning procedures are relevant, cover all areas and are up to date
- As a member of the HACCP team working with the Technical Manager (TM ) to carry out HACCP reviews and carry out and co-ordinate any process validation work required, including writing up the results.
- Complaints - carrying out investigations on complaints where necessary within the agreed timescales to provide details of how the complaint came about and what corrective action is needed.
- Ensuring certificates of conformance and/ or analysis are received for incoming ingredients and checking the details vs specification.
- Update / create Finished Product Specifications where required
- Maintaining and writing new internal specifications for packaging and ingredients to be used by the QA auditor to check deliveries against.
- Creating and updating information on products (MIPS) required for Soil Association approval.
- Reviewing ingredient supplier specifications and maintaining the database for calculating nutritional information for products.
- Providing and checking legal information for packaging artwork in conjunction with the TM.
- Create and get approval for Certificate of Inspections required for export customers.
- Maintaining chemical specifications and safety data sheets (in files and in location)
- Co-ordinating external testing according to the schedule and requirements for raw materials, generating sample submission forms and purchase orders.
- Logging and filing external lab results. Highlighting Amber and Red test results to the TM.
- Following up on any out of specification results from external labs, agree plan of action with the TM.
- Advise on and carry out technical tests (e.g. water activity, microscopy, viscosity) as required and report the results.
- Co-ordinate validation testing where needed.
- Carry out trending analysis on testing results (including from ATP swabbing) and report findings to the TM
- Ensuring that the internal auditors are aware of when audits are due and following up to ensure actions are completed.
- Ensuring the internal audit schedule for traceability audits is met. Carry out traceability (including mass balance) audits, feedback the results and work with the factory team to improve records.
- Be part of the team of internal auditors that will audit against the BRC standards
- Food Science / Technology or related qualification to degree level
- MS Office knowledge with the ability to create and understand reports.
- Creation and analysis of technical information, with an understanding of standard methodologies.
- Numerate, with an ability to interpret numerical data i.e. excel spreadsheets with technical data
- At least 3 years' experience in a food manufacturing business, specifically within the Technical function.
- Recent experience of implementing systems required of BRCGS Food Standard
- Previous experience of being an active member of the HACCP team
- Previous experience in specification checking / writing
- Recent experience in creating pack copy to fulfill legal obligations.
For more information about this opportunity or any other roles please contact Cooper Lomaz recruitment team.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the above role, please send over your CV to email@example.com or give us a call on 01603 733060
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships