Job descriptionManufacturing Engineer
£45K per annum
Established over 70 years ago, my client is a commercial manufacturer that has experienced steady growth since it's inception. Due to this continued success they now have an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, your role as a Manufacturing Engineer will be to provide technical support and project management to various teams throughout the Company, as well as develop a continuous improvement culture within the Plant by facilitating 5S programmes, TPM, VSM, 80/20, in lining and other Lean tools.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
• Oversee manufacturing process within the plant
• Lead shop floor design flow improvements, project manage layout change projects. Be innovative on creating a World Class manufacturing environment in the Plant.
• Deal promptly and effectively with problems within your control.
• Investigate operational problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic and methodical manner.
• Project manage projects from idea generation to realisation using professional project management tools such as, budget trackers, preparing justification presentations, Gantt charts, AutoCAD layouts and phased implementation plans.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a HND in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering with relevant Manufacturing experience.
You will also possess the following;
• Experience in process analysis and improvements.
• Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Process documentation control and generation.
• AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
• Proficient with Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools
This is a full time, permanent position with an ASAP start. You would be working Monday to Friday 08:30am - 17:00pm with a 1 hour lunch break. The salary is highly competitive in the current marketplace and comes with a range of attractive benefits.
If this position sounds of interest, and you have the required skill set then please click "Apply Now" or call Cooper Lomaz for more information.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships