12 month FTC
As a Buyer you will be required to procure raw materials and components to meet the manufacturing schedule and to the correct quality. Reduce costs and continuously improve service from Process Components supply chain whilst providing exemplary customer service. To support the Procurement Manager in the performance of their role.
You also will be responsible for identifying petential savings and implementing continuous cost reduction initiatives.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- A good understanding of the purchasing lifecycle for castings and other raw materials, MRO distribution type items
- An understanding of the procurement process in a make-to-order environment; commercially aware
- CIPS qualification preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge & worked with manufacturing MRP/ERP Systems
- Organised with good time management skills; able to prioritise
- An understanding of manufacturing schedules and management of the procurement function to achieve the schedule
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to take the lead on issues where appropriate
- Flexibility to travel within the UK, Europe and other areas of the world
- Ability to identify and exploit opportunities, initiate value engineering and resource activities
- Strong analytical and presentational skills, with ability to use own initiative to seek answers to engineering-related questions and problems
- Flexible and able to work quickly and effectively under direction
- Strong computer skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
For more information about this opportunity or any other roles please contact Cooper Lomaz recruitment team.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships