Job descriptionSenior Quality Engineer
Bury St Edmunds
Mon - Thu 0800 - 1630 Fri 0800 - 1230
Cooper Lomaz are excited to recruit for a well-established client based in Bury St Edmunds who is seeking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer.
This role is principally office based with travel as necessary to fulfill the requirements of post. Right applicant must hold a current driving license.
- You will be required to act as liaison between Operations and Vendors for quality issues identified during the inspection of incoming goods or the assembly process.
- Identify root cause failure for non-conformances and work cross functionally with other Departents and/or Vendors to identify, implement and evaluate effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions introduced.
- Responsible for carrying out internal and external quality product and process audits against internal proceedures and external approval standards (ISO9001, ATEX, PED, UL, CSA)
- Use consistent structured methodology such as Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) process to implement problem solving projects and co-ordinate these activities involving Company team employees and vendors, etc
- Introduce Quality Planning (APQP), developing documentation and preventative measures, for example, PFMEA/Poke Yoke and specifiy appropriate QA/inspection equipment to optimise process and improve quality product throughput
- Provide Quality planning support to ensure the successful introduction of new production processes and new product development to production
- Provide and develop support for Quality Plans and End of Manufacture Reports in-line with customer requirements working closely with Customer service and production as required
Educated to ONC/HNC/degree level or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Apprentice trained or machining/technical, tool making, foundry experience.
- Trained Internal Quality Auditor to ISO 9001:2008 – Lead Auditor or TS 16949/AS9100 desirable.
- Proven practical understanding of Voice of Customer, Lean, and Total Quality Management principles (both in developing strategy and hands-on implementation) - Lean/Continuous Improvement skills, 5S, VSM SMED, Six Sigma an advantage
- Experience of working within an ISO 14001 environment.
- Proven, indepth inspection, engineering and quality experience within a precision electro/mechanical manufacturing environment with low to medium volume with skills in process improvement techniques and ISO quality systems
- Experience or background in production of castings, machined components, pressurized vessels, electro mechanical, electronics, pressurized valves and safety related products an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements within the pressure vessel/hazardous area industry a distinct benefit (PED/ATEX/Marine Classification, etc)
- Experience in utilizing mechanical inspection and equipment, including CMM, Surface finish and internal/external micrometers, etc
- Indepth working knowledge and proven track record in operating quality management systems, such as ISO9001:2008 (ATEX and PED an advantage)
- Excellent interaction and communication skills, with the ability to address all levels of the business to ‘get things done’.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
For more information about this opportunity or any other roles please contact Cooper Lomaz recruitment team.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships