Job descriptionElectrical Design Engineer
Colchester, Essex CO7
This large UK based global leading manufacturing business is currently looking to add a new member to their Engineering team.
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Electrical Design Manager
Hours: Basic Hours: 07:30 to 16:30 Monday – Thursday and 07:30 to 13:30 Fridays. Being salaried, expected to undertake necessary hours to complete function.
▌Responsibility 1 – Electrical Design:
- Ensure the Electrical Design is carried out in a cohesive manner with a singular purpose of ensuring the electrical aspect of the machines are designed to assigned budgeted hours, at the required quality and by the required date.
- Work together & communicate with other departments to ensure their needs are met.
- Remotely assist in the manufacturing of the end products.
- Provide electrical technical assistance as required.
Always be looking at ways to improve the business, both from within your own function and that of others. Take responsibility for identifying and championing new ideas.
Design Engineer with experience in the design and commissioning of large industrial control panels. There should be proven experience in either using Siemens or Rockwell (Allen-Bradley) Automation controls.
We are interested in people with industrial control panel design using Solidworks Electrical and/or EPlan both of which are CAD systems specifically for electrical Design Engineers –
Experience with any PLC programming or PLC program fault finding is an advantage in this role.
Academic & trades qualifications
- Proven track record in generating electrical designs
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- General education to A/As or equivalent in Maths & English
- HNC/D in Electrical Engineering
Work experience & skills
- Good PC skills – Word, Excel, etc. Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Good time management skills, able to prioritise work accordingly.
- Understanding of relevant global technical Standards
- Ability to design electrical Schematics using an Electrical CAD Package
- Electrical Engineer for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience of working to project plans and timescales
- UL Standards (NFPA, NEC America)
- Solidworks Electrical and EPlan CAD
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships