Salary: Up to £49,000
Your next role is as a Data Engineer based on the innovative science park in Cambridge. Your new employer boasts an outstanding working environment and a benefits package that is second to none which includes - a pension with contributions up to 12%, 26 days holiday (starting) plus bank holidays, flexible working, etc.
This not for profit organisation has 170 years of history has an extremely active social clubs which on a weekly basis will offer lunchtime language lessons amongst many other events.
The duties for your new Data Engineer role will be to;
• Build and maintain a secure, cloud data infrastructure across multiple regions to support the RSC’s needs.
• Participate in all aspects of the data platform lifecycle, including high-level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, and deployment.
• Curate complex datasets derived from business, chemist and chemistry data.
• Design and build ETL pipelines to include data from a wide variety of sources.
• Support the needs of our team of data scientists and analytics staff, as well as the RSC as a whole.
• Work with stakeholders from across RSC to identify project requirements and to evaluate and deploy solutions.
• Provide technical expertise to help drive our data products and insight strategy, advocating the effective use of data technologies.
• Have knowledge of and work in accordance with Data Protection and other legislative frameworks.
• Ensure the data is standardised and made available to those that need it.
• Deliver projects on time.
• Remain up to date with the latest techniques in data engineering.
• Communicate and present complex topics to others.
and you will have experience in;
• Highly desirable to have AWS data warehousing experience. This includes familiarity with data related AWS technologies including databases (especially Redshift and documentDB), pipelining (e.g. using AWS Lambda) and associated core technologies (e.g. SNS/SQS).
• Experience in Python and associated data manipulation packages (e.g. NumPy, pandas).
• Degree in a numeric or scientific discipline.
• Familiarity with analytical, statistical or machine learning.
• Experience in data standardisation and QA techniques.
• Database technical knowledge including experience with both SQL and NoSQL solutions.
• Dashboard experience highly desirable (especially Power BI).
• Well-organized, self-motivated team player; aptitude for project management.
• Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Negotiating skills to quickly resolve customer issues.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
If you would like to learn about this Data Engineer role APPLY NOW!
Apply for this job