< Back to jobs
||January 01, 1970
Are you a Strategic Buyer looking for a new opportunity? An opportunity that offers progression? An opportunity to help develop and implement exciting new Supply Chain strategies? An opportunity to join an over-achieving team who specialise in manufacturing?
Then this might be of interest to you!
As Strategic Buyer, you will be responsible for executing the global upply chain strategy for assigned commodities. Accountable and responsible for developing a supply chain strategy that delivers the lowest total cost, reduces inventory and maximizes customer satisfaction through world class on time delivery, lead time and quality metrics.
Key Job Role Responsibilities:
- For assigned commodities, develop and lead the execution of a global supply chain strategy that supports Crane BU objectives for Material Cost Reduction, Supplier OTD, Inventory Reduction, Supplier Quality, and Supplier Lead Times. This would include actions to rationalize the supply base, drive increased sourcing from low cost sources, leverage the material spend with other Crane business units, and negotiate & implement Supplier Agreements.
- Maintain awareness of world markets and emerging material related issues in the industry and position the supply chain to flexibly respond accordingly.
- Leverage supplier capabilities in product design, cost reduction, lead time reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the site supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams to proactively identify and develop external capability to support strategic out-sourcing opportunities.
- Plan and monitor implementation of re-sourcing and out-sourcing initiatives to successfully prime supplier’s supply chains for initial production to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to customers as required.
- Obtain competitive bids, analyze costs and negotiate/award contracts to vendors on the basis of total costs to the company commensurate with financial risks, quality standards, and delivery capabilities.
- Leverage technology solutions to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the strategic sourcing process.
- Drive continuous improvement in the supply base by communicating objective performance metrics, focused on lead time reduction, on-time delivery improvement, quality improvement, and cost reduction.
- Provide effective support to new product introduction teams, proposal development and subcontracting opportunities as they develop.
- Engender a spirit of cooperation throughout the supply chain to insure responsiveness to the customer.
Qualifications, experience and training:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar Supply Chain role.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of supplier qualification processes and supplier performance metrics.
- Global sourcing experience desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions.
- Experience in the application of a 6 step ‘Sourcing Tollgate Process’ to deliver all projects, ensuring appropriate external benchmarking, business needs analysis, supplier assessment, supplier selection and supplier management.
- Experience with eSourcing tools desirable.
- BS/BA in business or technical discipline is desired.
- Certification in CIPS is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines.
This job opportunity is expected to progress to interview quickly so don't hesitate. APPLY NOW!
Apply for this job