Job descriptionMy client is a very well-established manufacturer and has now opened up a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Distribution Co-ordinator to join their ever-expanding team for an ASAP start.
Reporting in to the Distribution Manager, your role will be to support the continued growth and further build on my clients strategy to provide exceptional customer service to all. The successful candidate will be communicating across the business and liaising with both internal and external customers to ensure that each project is delivered on time, in-full and within budget .
This is a collaborative role and forms an important part of my client delivering its long-term strategic plan. The successful candidate will be based at the Company's Head Office and manufacturing facility in Suffolk.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include;
- To plan and arrange shipments to achieve the most cost-effective result considering customer delivery requirements.
- To undertake the tasks necessary to support the Company transport and distribution processes, ensuring the efficient delivery of product to customers.
- To prepare appropriate documentation to allow shipments to take place while adhering to all appropriate regulations.
- To support in the task to create and sustain a zero-harm environment.
General responsibilities will include;
- To provide advice to the Sales Department on the best transport principals and obtain quotes.
- To work closely with the Packing Department to ensure the most efficient and appropriate packing methods are used relative to the type of shipment.
- To liaise with customers and other internal departments regarding despatch of customer orders, and to provide the necessary information and documentation as required.
- To liaise with all other departments that may require a shipping and despatch service.
- The accurate and timely update of business systems to reflect action taken and current status.
- To monitor the progress of orders to ensure target dates are achieved to fulfil customer expectations.
- To manage the process of driver arrival and departure and the loading of the vehicles.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
- The Health & Safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
- To provide necessary support to the Distribution Manager. To complete administrative and functional tasks as required.
- To provide cover along with other members of the Distribution team for the Distribution Manager and other team members in their absence.
The ideal candidate for this position will fulfil the following requirements;
Essential Skills / Personal Attributes
- A positive approach combined with efficient communication skills.
- Good administrative skills and a very high attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Computer proficient skills including MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft TEAMS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times within a team environment.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to positively influence the behaviour of others.
Work Experience Requirements
- Proven work experience gained within a dynamic logistics or distribution function.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An in-depth understanding of the role of a Distribution or Logistics function.
- Experience of International distribution and ideally post-Brexit legislation.
- Minimum A Level/BTEC/NVQ Level 3 or above or equivalent work experience gained within a Distribution or logistics environment ideally working with international shipments.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity with an ASAP start. You would be working a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday. Due to the location of this position it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and your own transport.
If this position is of interest then please submit your latest CV or call Gerry to discuss further.